20 Of The Very Best Inspirational Sayings, To Keep You Moving Forward
Inspirational sayings can help increase your motivation to reach your objective.
One of the hardest things to achieve in self-motivation is to do what you know has to be done, even if you don’t feel like doing it.
You also need to focus on the final goal, and not be diverted from getting to it. As one of the better known inspirational sayings puts it: ‘It’s hard to remember that the only task was to drain the swamp, when you’re up to your ass in alligators!’
We, at Thoughtware.com, want to ensure that you always ‘keep your eye on the ball‘ and don’t give up – ever!
Of course, words alone will do nothing, unless followed by actions.
Thomas Edison – one of the greatest examples of the frequently repeated adage; ‘If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try again’ – recognized this.
Well, we’re not looking to make you sweat, not yet anyway. For now, you can relax, take it easy, and just browse through our selection of inspirational sayings.
1. “I realized early on that success was tied to not giving up. Most people in this business gave up and went on to other things. If you simply didn’t give up, you would outlast the people who came in on the bus with you.” – Harrison Ford
2. “If you don’t make the time to work on creating the life you want, you’re eventually going to be forced to spend a LOT of time dealing with a life you DON’T want.” – Kevin Ngo
3. “Show me a person who doesn’t make mistakes and I’ll show you a person who doesn’t do anything.” – Leonard Rubino
4. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
5. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
6. “Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.” – James R. Cook
7. “The attitude you have as a parent is what your kids will learn from more than what you tell them. They don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.” – Jim Henson
8. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Unknown
9. “I do it because I can; I can because I want to; I want to because you said I couldn’t.” – Unknown
10. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
11. “In the end, what we regret most are the chances we never took.” – Frasier Krane
12. “People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” – Unknown
13. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
14. You have exactly one life in which to do everything you’ll ever do. Act accordingly.” – Colin Wright
15. Good things come to those who wait… greater things come to those who get off their ass and do anything to make it happen.” – Uknown
16. “Many of the problems in life are because of two reasons: We act without thinking or we keep thinking without acting.” – Unknown
17. “A professional is a person who can do his best at a time when he doesn’t particularly feel like it.” – Alistair Cooke
18. “Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.” – Bill Gates
19. “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” – Lao-Tze
20. “Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
So – feel inspired? We really hope that you found some of these inspirational sayings helpful.
And, since actions speak louder than words, we must remind you that: “when the going gets tough, the tough get going!”
That was our bonus saying to you!
Thanks for reading, please share or comment.
Photo credit: Dulyposted.com