Change Your Energy, Spiral Upward and Soar: 10 Powerful Tips
Your way begins at the other side. Become the sky. Take gaze to the prison wall. Escape. Walk out like someone suddenly born into color. Do it now. ~ Rumi
We all experience days when nothing seems to stop our downward spiral. A couple of weeks ago I found myself overwhelmed and overreacting to the technical difficulties I was experiencing online.
I felt frustrated and angry that nothing seemed to be going right. I replayed in my mind, a negative story, until I couldn’t see straight. Even though I wanted to change my perception, I kept tripping over my own two feet.
I couldn’t seem to escape my downward spiral.
A few hours later, I shared my frustration with my mastermind group. I was challenged to stop being so negative. I was told it was my limiting beliefs that were holding me back. I was challenged to change them.
I knew they were right. My irrational beliefs, at the time: “Technology is too difficult for me to understand. It’s too hard. I’ll never get it.”
My partners affirmed my brilliance and how far I have come. The affirmation I was given to use when dealing with technology is, “I’ve got this!”
A few hours later, I got off the pity pot and stopped feeling sorry for myself. My friends were right. Deep down, I didn’t feel capable. They nailed it.
I decided to take the following day off and do some quiet reflection and follow it up with something fun.
By the middle of the day, I realized that I had been under a lot of stress recently. My sister has cancer. I recently let go of someone I dearly loved (His presence in my life wasn’t a good thing anymore). My grandson was due to have major surgery on his spine. And the day prior to my melt down, I discovered a friend had died from complications due to bulimia. And that’s just my personal life.
To say I had a lot going on is an understatement. I felt like I was drowning in a big sea of grief and loss.
Once I put the pieces of the puzzle together, it was easier to forgive myself for my frustration and anger. It was easier to begin to release my old story.
Because I showed up as my authentic self in my mastermind group, I was given the help I needed in order to turn everything around. It turned out to be a blessing. Being real always has its own rewards, right?
We all have events in life that throw us off track and jolt our emotions. How we handle them determines whether we will continue our downward spiral and stay stuck or spiral upwards and soar.
Tips To Change Your Energy, Spiral Upward and Soar
1. Connect. The daily moments of connection we experience with others propel us forward in love. In this space we can heal and move forward.
2. Reflect. Reconnect with yourself to gain insight into what’s going on behind the scenes. Notice what you are feeling and thinking. Be gentle with yourself and honor the space that you are in.
3. Put your own needs first. Stop and take care of yourself. Give yourself time to be. Write in your journal or go for a walk.
4. Stay open to change. Go with the flow. Don’t fight where you are or what’s happening. Breathe and let yourself ride the wave. Nothing lasts forever.
5. Pay attention. Write in your journal what you got right and what went right at the end of the day. What you focus on expands. Grow the positive.
6. Self-generate positive emotions. Don’t rely on others to make you feel better. That’s your responsibility. When you feel good, amazing and delightful things happen in your life.
7. Change your story. Rewrite your narrative. Give it a positive spin with a happy ending.
8. Make small changes. Fine tune your energy. Listen to upbeat music. Move. Go for a run. Eat something green. Do what makes you joyful and your energy will follow.
9. Create positive experiences. Spend time with your friends. Do something adventurous. Have fun.
10. Engage in a conversation with someone. Rant and rave. Cry. Write in your journal. Let it all out. Just don’t set up camp! Allow yourself to feel what you need to feel and do what you need to do. Then move on.
When you’re open to solutions and expect the best, things get better. You’re able to unfurl your brilliance and reach your greatest potential.
How do you stop a downward spiral? Comment below.
Article credit by Tess Marshall via The Bold Life