How to get Pumped up to Face the Monday Morning Struggle
Many times facing Monday morning is seen as stressful, as you now have to get back into ‘seriousness’ after a nice casual weekend. Reorienting your mind for the office or the classroom can be a task and often time’s reluctance and anxiety set in.
We have prepared a guide below that you can use to definitely get over your Monday morning blues by feeling motivated and pumped up! Here we go;
- Gather items needed for the day ahead before hand, like that report that is to be on your boss’ desk very early, yours and your family’s clothes and what is to be prepared for breakfast.
- Get a good night’s rest. It makes you feel energized, rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Food is the fuel that keeps your mind and body going.
- Start out early to arrive at work on time. This puts you in control of activities to be done. “Haste makes waste”.
- Get groovy by listening to your favourite music, poem, or motivational speaker on your way to work or school.
- Set your own pace that is comfortable for you to get work done effectively. However, this is no excuse to be late with assignments, work proposals or reports. Balancing your time is the key.
- Complete one task before starting another. Do not start multiple tasks at the same time, you will get confused and frustrated especially if you are not good at multi-tasking.
- Prioritize. Tackle the most important tasks first then work your way down to the least.
- Learn to say “no” to some things. It is impossible to do everything and please everyone all the time. Sometimes persons put unnecessary tasks on you to perform which is in no way related to your primary work and purpose.
- Take a break. Everyone needs time to rest their body and mind and recuperate especially after a hectic task. Remember, you are not a machine.
- Smile and be polite. This creates a more pleasant working environment.
You will agree with me that once you get over that Monday morning blues, getting through the rest of your week is not as bad. When you use the above guide for your Monday morning blues, you will find that you may not be anxious about facing it ever again.
Let us know in comments how it worked for you!
Photo via Flickr