Need Some Motivation? Read This NOW
If you’re in desperate need of some motivation, we’re going to fix that problem, right here, right now.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
You said you needed motivation. I’m going to do what needs to be done to get you in gear. NO EXCUSES.
If this isn’t the kind of motivation you need, leave now. You’ve been warned.
Do you want some freaking motivation right now?
Do you want to get some seriously important stuff done today?
Do you want to get off your behind and start producing instead of wallowing in despair, depression, self pity, fear, doubt or whatever is holding you back?
Are you sick of not getting anything done?
Let’s DO THIS.
The point of this exercise is to give you motivation to do something right now. Don’t just absorb this and continue sitting around procrastinating.
Follow the steps below carefully.
1. Quit whining about how tired you are.
2. Read quotes. If you have a favorite quote or two you always refer to, read them.
3. If the motivation you need is to work on building your own business, watch this video.
4. Put a pot of coffee on or get some tea brewing.
5. If you haven’t eaten something, eat a little snack now.
6. Do one of the following three things:
A) Take a shower, OR
B) Go for a brisk walk, OR
C) Call the friend who most lifts you up and makes you feel great after every conversation. Tell him or her that you need a little pep talk. Put a 10 minute limit on the conversation.
7. If you’re around people right now, go tell one of them how much you appreciate him or her.
8. If you normally sit down to work, stand up.
9. Turn off email, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and whatever other social procrastination network you’re part of.
10. Now, put on your favorite music playlist.
11. List the top 3 positive outcomes of achieving your task.
12. Think about the part of doing this task that you enjoy.
13. Now here’s the most important part.
Lock yourself in a room with the thing you need to be doing.
Don’t leave until you make some progress.
What to do if this doesn’t work.
We all have things to do that we really just don’t want to do, but have to for some reason. These are the toughest to find motivation for.
For these especially difficult situations, I recommend two things.
First, question whether or not this thing really needs to be done.
Then, if you still conclude that this thing absolutely has to get done, focus on simply getting past it.
Quick relief, how will that make you feel?